Tuesday 27 March 2018

Norwich Theatre Royal Top Picks

Today is World Theatre Day, so I thought I would share my picks from the new Norwich Theatre Royal brochure. I am going straight in with what I think is the dark horse of the programming.

Cirkopolis
Saturday 13th - Sunday 14th October 2018
This is a company in the same ilk as Cirque Du Soleil, therefore I thought it was not going to be my cup of tea. I seriously advise you watch the trailer for this production, any preconceptions you have about Circus, this will change your ideas.

Macbeth
Tuesday 30th October - Saturday 3rd November 2018
Despite the not so rave reviews from the current production at the National Theatre, this I think is definitely one to watch this year. Macbeth was the first Shakespeare I studied way back in year 7 and I'm excited to see it live on stage.

Matilda the Musical
Tuesday 16th July - Saturday 17th August 2019
As soon as I heard this was coming to Norwich Theatre Royal I was so excited, as I have been meaning to see Matilda in the west end for years, but haven't achieved that quite yet. This has so many good songs in such as 'When I Grow Up' and 'Naughty'. There were queues out of the door when it went on sale, Norwich is going to go mad for this.

SIX the musical
(Norwich Playhouse)
Wednesday 11th July - Sunday 15th July 2018
This is a new musical being produced in association with Norwich Theatre Royal and Norwich Playhouse, putting the Six wives of Henry VIII in the spotlight. With a similar vibe to Hamilton being a pop musical with serious girl boss feels.


No comments:

Post a Comment