Saturday 3 February 2018

Current Favourites

It would be hard to deny that my absolute favourite of the past month was appearing in Top Hat at Norwich Theatre Royal this month with The Norfolk and Norwich Operatic Society.


I had jokingly said for a few years that I was in Amateur Dramatics retirement, but Top Hat would be the show to bring me back onto the stage. My dressing room was full of all my favourite girls, we had a right laugh and this week I have definitely felt their absence in my life this week. For me nothing could beat the feeling of dancing and performing on stage, and I hope to do some more this year. I have my story saved from Top Hat on my instagram highlights, if you want so behind the scenes access.

The Pink Coat
This coat was available from Topshop I think around November time but then disappeared into the distance. This piece is so flipping warm despite definitely being my shortest coat, but then the pink makes it such a fun coat to wear. I do feel like a Latitude sheep but I freaking love it.


The Baker Boy Hat
I was inspired by Helen Anderson and Megan Ellaby for this purchase, I feel it this hat just adds personality to any outfit. Hats are often perceived as being a difficult thing to wear, meaning your outfit looks quite individual and like you're not one of the crowd. I'm thinking of either getting a patterned hat or a brighter coloured one before Spring hits.

The Last Five Years Soundtrack
This is an old favourite, I remember watching the film when it came out, I think the format of the musical is really refreshing, a couple each character starting at opposite ends of the their romance, one from meeting the other freshly broken up. My favourite songs are I'm Still Hurting and A Summer in Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment