Saturday 6 January 2018

New Years Resolutions

January might be one of the coldest and most miserable months of the year, but like everyone including your aunt's, best mate's, nan I like to put together a few New Years resolutions for myself.

Dance
I cannot tell you how much my body yearns to dance again. I danced pretty much everyday from the ages of 10 to 21 when I quit my dance course at university to move back home and work in theatre. Two years later (cannot believe its been that long!!) I need to get myself back into class. I'm thinking starting with a ballet class. It's times like these when if I lived in London this would be a lot easier.


Read 10 Books
For the past few years I have set myself the challenge of reading a book a month, last year I stopped reading in May and then finished only two further books bringing my total to 7 books last year. 2018 I am aiming to read at least 10, anything more than that will be an absolute bonus.

Go to a new city in the UK and abroad
I achieved this resolution last year by going on trips to Paris and Edinburgh, proving you don't need to go to the other side of the world to see new places. This year I'm think York or Bristol (with Bristol I can also pop to my favourite city Bath), then abroad Amsterdam and Copenhagen are calling my name I think. Wherever I go I will of course do some travel posts, and use my #KPontour on instagram.

Go to a March or Protest
There are so many things I am passionate about, which I often tweet or blog about, but living in an era with events such as with the Women's March, #MeToo and the recent #FreePeriod protest. These are things I believe in, and I want to support them in person and not just be randomly put out in the universe via the internet. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment