Sunday 10 December 2017

Getting the Christmas Tree 🎄

Hello! Is it really Christmas until you have a (or 2) tree up in your house? No I thought not. We accidentally went to get ours on National Christmas Tree Day, so it's like it was meant to be. For the last couple of years we have got our tree from the Wymondham Garden Centre, I highly recommend it, there is always someone on hand to help you get the type of tree you want and to carry it to your car.


We went for a lovely Nordmann Fir, 6ft which was nice and full.

I have changed family tradition and gone for warm white lights, opposed to coloured to give it a really traditional look. I've also toned down the tinsel and gone for a thin gold one to wrap around.

We have some new additions to the tree this year that I would like to introduce you to.

Norbert the Nutcracker
He is from Liberty and was a bit of a naughty purchase and is in pride of place right at the top.

Poppins the Sausage Dog
This is the closest I am getting to at the moment to having my own Dachshund called Poppins.

Mickey Mouse
I picked up this lovely copper Mickey Mouse decoration earlier this year, from Disneyland Paris. Now whenever I see it I am reminded of the trip.

Robot
I decided I needed a few more novelty tree decorations and these were the perfect addition.




Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment