Sunday 17 December 2017

2017 New Years Resolution Catch Up 🎄

Hello, today we are chatting this years resolutions and whether I have managed to keep to them or not! See the original post here.

The first on my list was to see more theatre. This year I have seen more than I have ever seen within one year for sure. Highlights include Yank!, Jane Eyre and La Cage Aux Folles. I have gone to such a variety from fringe to big west end hits. ✔︎

Here are some of my favourite stagey posts from this year:
An American in Paris | Theatre Review
Edinburgh Fringe #1
The Addams Family | Theatre Review

Secondly was to improve my work life balance. Again this is something I have actually achieved. When I was writing my resolutions posts back in January, I was juggling two jobs working over 50 hours a week, which is frankly silly. In May I left one of my jobs and am now working sensible hours. ✔︎ Friends wise I think I have seen more of them in the latter half of the year. back in November I gathered my stagey friends together to go and watch Hedda Gabler, it was such a freaking nice evening. I have also got my foot back in the amateur dramatic waters, something I was really missing being a part of my life. Now I'm currently in rehearsals for Top Hat. ✔︎

I have been saying for years I would like to get more piercings, but I have left it too late. As Top Hat is very close to opening I can't have fresh piercings for a production set in the 1930's. Maybe that is something for February. ✗

Exercise more, that cliche resolution everyone fails at. This year that includes me. I have just got entirely bored of the gym. In 2018 I'm planning to take up a dance class and take advantage of any one of workshops that come up. ✗

And that is how I did with this years resolutions. Its time to get my thinking cap on for next years.


Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment