Saturday 30 September 2017

September Favourites '17

Hello! As if my favourite month of the year is over? WHAT. But that means we can start mentioning the word 'Christmas' am I right?! Anyway, onto my favourites...

The National Theatre Podcast
I love a good podcast, something to ponder over during my lunch break or deep thoughts on the bus journey to and from work. Why yes I work at theatre, and I listen to a theatre podcast. So far they have discussed Brexit and its effects on the arts, the character King Lear in a discussion about ageing as an actor and the challenges that go alongside it, how culture shapes the character of a country. I have just found the podcast so interesting, and getting a more in-depth understanding of the industry I work in - more than just in the bubble of my workplace.

The Ellen Show - YouTube Channel
First of all it is my dream to go and watch an Ellen Show recording, literally Ellen's sense of humour is mine, watching clips from her show on YouTube I am cackling away. I force my friends and family to play 5 Second Rule and Heads Up. If I ever feel down the Ellen show is what I turn to. And you just can't forget what she has done for the LGBT community, what a legend. Below I have linked you to some of my favourite clips.
Scaring Sarah Paulson
Kristen Bell Sloth Meltdown
Look What You Made Me Do - Taylor Swift
I feel like this is Taylor's most controversial song, but after a few listens I had it on repeat at the start of the month. Its in my head all the time. What sold it to me had to be the video - you have to give it to her she absolutely slays. Of course it has the ICONIC line 'I'm sorry the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now. Why? Because she's dead'.

Autumnal make up

I have been so ready for so long to bring back those autumnal vibes to my face. Yes I know you can wear a vampy lip whenever you want, but it feels a bit extra in the middle of July to be quite honest with you! I have been loving the shades Mod and Whimsy from the Tarteist Pro Palette and Firecracker from the Tartelette in Bloom Palette

Also just a side note on my facebook page (linked at the side) I will be doing a Wishlist Monday post, basically my pick of whats available mainly on Asos and Topshop.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment