Wednesday 9 August 2017

*Updated* Top 5 Showtunes

Hello, last time I did this post was back in April 2015 and I have been introduced to so many different musicals since then - it's perfect time to go and have a little round up.

1. Waving Through a Window from Dear Evan Hansen


Is probably the song I have listened to most this year, when Spotify tells me at the end of the year what I have listened to most this will be right here. I feel the concept for Dear Evan Hansen is so so unusual for a musical, I'm not sure I can name many if any that focus around Social Anxiety. Waving Through a Window, is  a super relatable song. We've all been there when we've watched something from a far, but felt we couldn't do it because we would screw it up - yet we have no evidence why that would be the case.

2. King of New York from Newsies


Newsies where have you been all my life? This is a proper broadway/disney musical, I must say I was looking forward to seeing it in the cinema, but I really wasn't sure how much I would like the musical. I love nothing more than a slick AF tap routine - is Tap boner a thing?! Sorry that was a bit crude. So yes I chose this song for the tap, which is a great reason.

3. One Normal Night from The Addams Family


Again I feel this is such a relatable song. Everyone as teenagers have been embarrassed by their family whether its a new boyfriend coming over or just your friends, feeling like you have to brief them. However I don't think any family could be as kooky as the Addams Family. This song is also a great one to belt around the house. 

4. Top Hat, White Tie and Tails from Top Hat


The music from the golden era of movie musicals are just dreamy. Top Hat is my favourite which semi-recently was turned into a stage show, which we can safely say stole my heart when I sat in the auditorium of the Aldwych Theatre. After much debate my favourite song is Top Hat, White Tie and Tails.

5. Do You Hear the People Sing? from Les Miserables


I have had an 8 year long love affair with Les Miserables, seeing it for my 4th time a couple of weeks ago, I could literally watch this on a weekly basis, I don't think I would ever get tired off the musical. So my favourite song eh? After serious deliberation I have gone Do You Hear the People Sing. Les Mis does most songs well, but you cannot beat the impact of a company number. Sung near the end of Act 1 and reprised for the End of Act 2. I bloody love it.

I haven't mentioned Hamilton, but that deserves its own list, which I did earlier this year here.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment