Saturday 29 July 2017

Random Favourites | Summer 17

Hello! Welcome to the random portion of my favourites, which could be called my Media Favourites I guess. Enough of the rambling..

Summer is always a great time for TV, I haven't gone for any light options here, but these are all GREAT dramas.

The Handmaid's Tale
You must have been living under a rock if you haven't heard about The Handmaid's Tale. UK people its on channel 4. Its based on the 1984 Margaret Atwood, dystopian novel of the same name. It stars Elizabeth Moss, Samira Wiley and Joseph Fiennes. This is a great drama, totally chilling considering you have Donald Trump and the DUP propping up the UK government. Its an important watch, go and watch it right now!

How to Get Away with Murder
I chatted about this show last year, I have only just discovered season 2 is on Netflix and I really need to get cracking. I love any crime/law drama. It stars Viola Davis and is just so freaking good. Intense sometimes slightly unbelievable. Its one of my favourite shows.

Orange is the New Black
Is it me? or does the gap between OITNB seasons, grow and grow. I wasn't sure how they could top  the last series, which had such a powerful and horrifically sad ending when Poussey Washington. I'm not sure they topped it, but I'd certainly say they matched it.

Also on the topic of Netflix, how bloody good does the Stranger Things trailer look?!

Music
When he sees me - Waitress
I have for sure mentioned Waitress the musical before, because it is great and you need to listen to it right now. When He Sees Me is my fave song at the moment on the soundtrack, its punchy and funny, plus its beautifully written. On the soundtrack it is sung my Kimiko Glenn (from OITNB) and boy can she sing, her comic timing is ace.

Pride Classics
Oh My God there are some absolute bangers on this playlist , the first three songs are Vogue, It's Raining Men and Born This Way. Highly highly recommend. And perfect to listen to as this post goes up as it's Norwich Pride today!

Social Media
Megan Ellaby

(image from pagesbymegan.com)

I really have Megan to thank for me being more creative/having a little bit more fun with style this year. She wears colour- COLOUR! What is this you ask, basically its not wearing monochrome outfits. I would have never have bought a bright red jacket, if I hadn't been inspired by her. How she styles items is quirky, but also effortlessly cool.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment