Saturday 7 May 2016

Books I've read this year

Hello! Over the past year or so I have become a bit of a book worm, not a hench person who reads a book in a week but I am no longer the person who reads a maximum of two/three books a year. I wish I had done this more when I was at school, because I find it easier to write now. Back when I was doing my GCSE's it was a struggle to get out essays, partly down to the fact I avoided reading and only read something if it was required of me. Moral is, read. Find an author you like, a genre then read. Read. Read.

We're now into May, I'm onto book 5 PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern. This is the second book I have read by her, the first being How to Fall in Love back actually in last May (a total coincidence).

The last book I finished was Dream a Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher. The structure of the story line is what kept me reading on this one. Sarah begins dreaming about the same man each night - Brett who she'd had a little thing for in Uni - SPOILER ALERT "Space Sex" I need say nothing more. I loved the London setting. Gah. I highly recommend.

Previous to that I read the much hyped, The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. Not one of my favourite books I have read, never the less still a good read. I enjoyed reading about an entirely different period of time. However it did take half the book before it got going, normally I would be tempted to put a book down and just find something else but I plowed on because of the popularity. Then roughly at the halfway point on the twists and turns started, and then I couldn't put the book down until I knew what had happened.

Now for a book I read over 4 days. Spectacles by Sue Perkins. Did I mention I'm seeing Sue live in September, SO EXCITED. Spectacles is here autobiography, After reading this I found myself searching for the programmes she had mention, starting of with the "World's Most Dangerous Roads". I became such a big Sue Perkins fans after reading this! Thanks to Rob for reading this at work, I totally copied you there.

The year in reading started out strong with The Woman in the Picture by Katherine McMahon. I picked this book up on a whim in a charity shop (side not charity shops are great places to buy pretty much new condition books). It's about a lawyer in 1920's London. 1920's London a good era to read about, do it.

When I'm looking for a book to read I always have a look at Good Reads, I've now got to the stage where it starts to suggest books which is great because it finds books I may not read otherwise.

If you would be interested, I have a video about all the books I read last year, here.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment