Monday 15 June 2015

How Often Should I Wash My Hair?

Hello! Rosie has been known to call my hair 'Magic Hair' because I don't have to wash my hair very often.

There is a myth that goes around which says, if you leave your hair long enough it will begin to wash itself. I call bullsh*t, nonsense. However you can train your hair to need a lot less washing. Are you listening Rosie?

Shampoo obviously cleans your hair when it gets greasy, but as part of this it gets rid of the natural oils your hair produces, which keeps your hair nice and nourished. When your scalp is a void of natural oils it produces more to replace it - hence getting greasy hair. That is my understanding.

The trick to reducing how much you have to wash your hair, is simple, start to wash your hair less often, even if that is just going from everyday, to every other day. To start with you may have greasy hair, on your none wash day, I'm afraid you're going to have to deal with it. Don't worry I have 2 tips.

1. Dry shampoo is your friend, dry shampoo is bae. If you mind it gives you the unwanted dandruff look, spray it onto your hands first, wipe of the excess, then run your fingers through your hair where you require it.
2.When it gets to the "'iffy' should I wash my hair yet stage?", be creative with your hair. Benefits your hair looks cool, and older hair is 10x easier to style. If I have some plaited style, chances are my hair could be washed.

Between washes don't go crazy on using products, as tempting as it seems you get a build up of products. Then you can avoid using a clarifying shampoo when you wash it,  they really strip your hair, as well as removing your products. Finally don't condition all your hair, leave a good few inches from your scalp condition free, it will take care of itself.

Gradually by reducing, GRADUALLY being the key word, depending on your type of hair, you'll need to wash it less and less. This could be anything from every 4 days, to dare I say 2 weeks.

I hope this post was useful for people!
Thanks for popping by
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment