Wednesday 1 April 2015

March Favourites

Hello! I literally cannot believe it is April, and its Easter on SUNDAY woo! But first its time to look back on March and my favourite things from it, because in the blogging world that's what you do right?!

Yankee Candle in Lake Sunset


I don't know how to describe the scent of this, and judging by their website neither do Yankee Candle they say 'The serene beauty of the sun's golden rays as they dip into still blue waters, calling to mind the musky descent of nightfall'. It isn't sickly sweet, woody or floral. Its a fresh scent, not citrusey, all I can think of to describe it is like some kind of body lotion. If you can give this a sniff, do. I can't get enough of it, when I'm sat in my room listening to music or reading my book, the rain pouring outside.

Pretty Little Liars
March was the month where I binge watched 5 whole series of PLL (feeling slightly ashamed over here). This programme is definitely hyped up on this thing called the internet. Rather than epically fail at describing it, I'm going to cheekily copy and paste from wikipedia (altho you probably know anywho) 'Set in the fictional town of Rosewood, Pennsylvania, the series follows the lives of four girls, Aria MontgomeryHanna MarinEmily Fields, and Spencer Hastings, whose clique falls apart after the disappearance of their leader, Alison DiLaurentis. One year later, the estranged friends are reunited as they begin receiving messages from a mysterious figure named "A", who threatens to expose their deepest secrets, including ones they thought only Alison knew. At first, they think it's Alison herself, but after her body is found, the girls realize that someone else is planning on ruining their perfect lives.' I have also developed a slight girl crush on Lucy Hale (Aria), them eyebrows though.

The Kimono


This beautiful kimono was featured in my 'March Haul' post, I will find pretty much any excuse to wear it. Which mostly seems to be at work, where it has been complimented and I will tell you this, people are very surprised it came from Primark. LOVE LOVE LOVE

Vegetable Crisps

These used to be really difficult to find, originally I tried them on a whim in Pret, and I was hooked indefinitely, however they were a nightmare to find in supermarkets. But now they seem to be popping up, SCORE. They are super tasty, and you can kid yourself you're being really healthy, cuz vegetable.

12 Books 12 Months - Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher
I love watching Gi's vlogs on youtube which seems a silly reason to read a book, however looking at reviews I knew I wanted to read one of her books and after a visit to my library I decided on Billy and Me. I could've easily read this book in less than a week if I wanted. It was thoroughly enjoyable to read, I will be picking up another of her books. I liked that it looked at relationships in the public eye from the inside, and how the media puts pressure on couples and creates stories which aren't true about them, which is the main theme in this book. I would highly recommend.

This month's book is The Great Gatsby by F Scott. Fitzgerald. I haven't watched the film, so am going in blind, only knowing its based in the 20's a time of great prosperity in New York. It is my first 'older' book out of my little challenge, which will be a change.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment