Thursday 12 March 2015

Refined Sugar Free Diet | Update

March Book: Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher Page Number: 132

Hello! A refined sugar free diet is NOT easy.

Sugar is a huge part of our diets in the Western World especially, once a difficult to get hold of commodity, its everywhere and in many things. Giving up refined sugar was my Lent. I am ashamed to say I broke it, mainly due to audition stress and the need to get quick easy food whilst travelling about. It was also due to mindlessness, saying yes to ice cream and then eating anyway, thinking 'it won't matter this one time'. 

That's the not so good part, but it did force me to eat healthily. Over these past few weeks, I don't think I've ever eaten so much fruit in my life, especially bananas! Bananas are so versatile, I went through multiple ones in a day, in my porridge in the morning, with peanut butter on toast and in my Sugar Free Banana Bread

Moving on from this point, of what could be deemed failure, I am going to simply lower the amount of refined sugar in my diet. Going five days of the week without it, but I'm not going to cry about it if I do have an odd piece of cake here and there. Life is to short, not to enjoy it.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment