Thursday 19 February 2015

Lent | Giving Up Refined Sugars

February Book: Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham Page Number: 222

Hello, I am in no way a religious person but I like the idea of Lent, its a short term goal and whatever you do you will not be the only one. This year I am going to try and give up Refined Sugars, which if you saw my last post (Brownie Recipe), you might understand this is going to be very tricky for me. One of my passions in life is the sweet stuff.

I have until Sunday 5th April.

I have voluntarily banned myself from... Cookies, Cakes, Brownie, Ketchup, Fizzy Drinks, Desserts, Jam and Peanut Butter to name a few. I am also aware that sugar is added to things like Ready Meals, however I am not in charge of main meals and shopping so I will cut down there as much as I can physically.

However I can still have natural sugar woo! I need to eat more fruit as it is anyway, so this seems the perfect way to encourage myself, I don't think I've had my 5 a day for a very long time. And you know what I love fruit, but I just haven't been eating it. I've already decided in my tea I am going to try Honey instead, Carrie Hope Fletcher does that, and she also loves her Sugary snackage.

Over the next 40 odd days, you can expect so recipes of creative snacks which have kept me going. I am going to at least try to put two up.

Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment