Thursday 23 October 2014

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

Hello! If there is one thing you need to know about me, is at this time of year I get massive cravings for PSL that is the Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced Latte for anyone who is not in the know. So it was only obvious to put my love of baking and PSL together. Yes I know I am such a White Gurl.


Ingredients
220 g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
100g Soft Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
227g Pumpkin Puree
120 ml Vegetable Oil
80 ml Milk

Recipe
Set the oven to 180°C or 160°C Fan. And put 14 cases into a muffin tray.
1. Put all the dry ingredients APART from the Sugar, in a large bowl and mix together.

2. In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar.

3. To the egg bowl add the Pumpkin, Vegetable Oil and Milk. Mix together until combined.

4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix until just combined. The mixture is more like a batter than most typical cake mixtures, but all is okay.


5. Then put the mixture into your cupcake cases.

6. Put in the oven for 15-17 minutes.

7. Leave to cool.

Decorating time!
Here you can do what ever you like. I used a Cream Cheese Icing and put a Halloween Haribo on the top of each of my cupcakes.
*I was the world's biggest cheat and used pre made Cream Cheese Icing, I'm sorry Mary Berry!*

The Verdict... I think these were super tasty, a really nice moist and light cake.

Thanks for popping by!

xxx

On a side note I will now be posting twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays


No comments:

Post a Comment