Monday 1 September 2014

August Favourites

Hello! How has another month finished?? For the last 15 years September has meant school, not this year, so we will see how that works out. Anywho onto last month...

Great British Bake Off
Norman
August every year for me marks the return of Bake Off, the only good thing about Summer drawing to the end. If you read my last post you will know I am an enthusiast. Not only am I challenging myself to make all of the technical bakes on Thursday I am inviting my friends over for afternoon tea with baked treats, I am keeping myself very much busy! This week's episode was intense indeed, last week after getting rid of Jordan I thought I liked everyone in the tent BUT NO, Diane was bugging me a lot anyway, but when she took Iain's Baked Alaska out of the freezer, I could take her no more.

My Friends
Obviously my friends will always be my friends. My friends are one of the most important things in my life and I try to see them as much as possible. Highlights include our two dinners one at Bella Italia and one at Hanna's who is a closet chef, her spaghetti and meat balls was divine. Seeing Hollie and Harriet lots individually as well.

Watching Films
This will be a massive surprise to my friends but I have been watching films, me? Yes. Some have been rewatches, but I did see Guardian's of the Galaxy which I enjoyed way more than I expected after coming out of the cinema I described it as Cute and Epic two words you would not usually put together but it was that. I rewatched Mamma Mia (multiple times), It's Complicated, The Devil Wears Prada, Nottinghill and Eat Pray Love (this makes me want to travel so much). Other Films I watched for the first time were Hope Springs (way better than I expected) and Saving Mr Banks (One of my faves I watched this summer); these will be rewatched at some point I am sure.

Leading nicely on!
Finally but certainly not least, she is a legend nominated for 18 Academy Awards, she is often called one of the greatest actors of all time, Meryl Streep. She is my idol, in short. I have a growing collection of her films Mamma Mia, which started my admiration back when I was in year 8 at school, The Devil Wears Prada, It's Complicated and River Wild. In my personal opinion if you want to watch a good movie which you don't know much about, Meryl is a good bet, so far I haven't watched a single Meryl film which I have thought is lack lustre, although I am very hesitant to watch The Iron Lady. As well as watching her in films, I have watched so many interviews of her she is modest and wise, clever, witty, beautiful and reflective, just a few words you can use to describe her all positive. She has just done so much in life, seemingly heading towards perfect although as she says you can't really tell the inner self of a public figure which she is. She seems truly grateful for every thing that has come her way whether that is her astounding career, or even just her family and her four children. If I one day can have even a 10th of her success in life, I will know that I have lived my life to the fullest... make that 2.5th.
Thanks for popping by!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment