Sunday 3 November 2013

Chocolate Fudgy Strawberry Cake

Hello! The other day I felt like making another cake, I really feel like i'm getting back into the baking swing woo :) I went back to my favourite type of baking CHOCOLATE not that my skin will thank me, but at the moment i'm about keeping my taste buds happy. I'm super pleased with how this came out getting good reviews from my fam and my friend Tess.... Onto the cake ey??

Ingredients
240g butter, diced
5 tbsp strawberry jam
75g cocoa powder
300g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
1 tsp kirsch, raspberry liqueur or vanilla extract
100g plain flour
pinch of salt

you will need a 20.5cm round springclip tin, greased and base lined


Instructions :) (I wish I had taken more pics as I went along but was totally engrossed :L)

1. put the oven at 180°C/350°F/ gas 4.

2. Put the butter and jam into a saucepan large enough to hold all the ingredients. Set over a low heat, melt gently and stir with a wooden spoon.
3. Once the butter has melted remove from the heat. Add cocoa and sugar to the pan and beat together until thoroughly combined.

4. Put the eggs and liqueur in a small bowl and mix together, to combine the ingredients.

5. Gradually add the egg mixture, beating well after each addition.

6. Sift in flour and salt, stir in until you have a thick smooth mixture with flecks of strawberry.

7. Put all the mixture into the tin, and spread evenly.

8. Bake for 15 mins then lower the temp to 160°/325°F/gas 3 and bake for a further 40 mins.

9. Remove from the tin and leave to cool... ideally for a day.
mine sunk in the middle soo I turned it upside down to make it look like it had an even rise hehe
 
10. Sprinkle with icing sugar!
 
Thanks for popping by!
 
xxxx


3 comments: